*Products Typically Ship Within 2-5 Business Days*

Need A Quote? Email: Sales@NordfabDuctwork.com


Q: Your QF pipe is all 5' long, what if I need a 36" L piece?
A: In this case, you will use the Quick-Fit Sleeve to achieve your desired length.

Q: What is the Quick-Fit Sleeve?
A: The Quick-Fit Sleeve is an 11" piece used when a 5' length of pipe has been cut smaller.

Q: How many Quick-Fit Sleeves do I need to order?
A: You will need a Quick-Fit Sleeve when a pipe run is less than a 5' increment, and, for the most part, every time you use a branch or 90° elbow.

Q: Do QF Clamps come with the pipe? If not how many do I need to order?
A: Clamps do not come with pipe. As a rule, you will need one clamp per component ordered. Our quoting tool, Quick Tick Online™ automatically calculates the Clamps needed for each QF component.

Q: What items do you stock?
A: Nordfab stocks a wide variety of pipe, sleeves, elbow, branches and adapters in sizes 3" to 12". Please call Nordfab to check availability.

Q: How long does it take to get this “stuff”?
A: Standard shipment is 3-4 days for most parts.

Q: How often do I need a hanger?
A: A Pipe Hanger is needed every 10' as a general rule to support the duct. Please refer to local codes.

Q: How do I connect to the end of an existing non QF system?
A: Nordfab offers a full line of adapters to connect to any existing pipe you might have. Please call Nordfab for details or visit our website.

Q: How do I connect to a metric machine?
A: Nordfab can make adapters and reducers to connect to most metric machines.

Q: How do I connect to a 2" diameter or smaller machine connection?
A: Nordfab offers reducers to 2" diameters and smaller hose connections.

Q: What do I do when I need to connect to a machine that has many ports of varying sizes and the ports are too close together to use branches?
A: Nordfab can make custom manifolds to fit your needs. Contact Nordfab with your specifications.

Q: What are the exact OD and ID of your pipe?
A: Pipe dimensions are listed in the Nordfab Product Reference.

Q: When do I need ePTFE seals with clamps?
A: ePTFE clamps are used in FDA, chemical, and high temperature applications. For higher temperatures, silicone seals may also be used. Please see our Product Reference for temperature ratings.

Q: When do I need to use stainless steel?
A: Stainless steel is used in FDA, chemical and high temperature applications.

Q: Do I need to do anything different for a “wet” system?
A: Yes, contact Nordfab with your “wet” system needs.

Q: What is the difference between rigid and ultra flex hose?
A: Rigid flex hose is constructed to hold its form and can support a small hood; ultra flex is very limp like a slinky.

Q: What is the difference in “pressform”, “gored”, and “tubed” elbows?
A: Press formed elbows are constructed in two halves with a welded seam. Gored elbows are constructed in 15° segments. Tubed elbows are constructed from a 14 gauge extruded tubular steel with QF ends spot welded to each end.

Q: Is QF FDA approved?
A: Nordfab products are not FDA approved; however, our products have been used in many food/ pharmaceutical applications.

Q: Do you offer “clean-outs”?
A: Nordfab does offer clean-out doors, please contact Nordfab for details. We do not recommend these due to their being a potential point of clog themselves. With the removal of two clamps on any component, a clean-out can be made.

Q: Is QF SMACNA certified?
A: Nordfab is not SMACNA certified, although Nordfab does meet and exceed standards for Class 2 Ducting.

Q: What is the difference between an “angle flange” and a “flat flange”?
A: An Angle Flange is industry standard. A flat flange is a 11/2" wide flat piece of 3/16" sheet metal not drilled unless you supply a drawing for bolt hole locations.

Q: Is Nordfab a union shop?
A: Nordfab is not a unionized company.